How do I choose a
Deciding who will be your wedding photographer is a big decision. There’s no denying it. You’ll be spending a whole day with them and they’ll be capturing one of the most important days of life – your wedding! Here are our tips on choosing the right wedding photographer for your big day:
1. Do your research. Our favourite way is to use our go-to social media app, Instagram. Simply start the search for wedding photographers in your area by using targeted hashtags such as:
2. Save the photographers and styles you like to your Instagram Collections so you can see them all in one place. Then narrow down the search.
3. Visit the Instagram profiles of your favourite photographers, and also click on the link in their bio to visit their website.
4. View their portfolios and testimonials. Look for consistent quality, a style that matches your vision and happy couples!
5. Get in touch with the photographers you’ve started to fall in love with. You’ll want to get to know them and ensure you both get along well and feel comfortable together. You also want to show them your vision (pull out those Instagram Collections) and ensure they see it too. Oh, and you probably want to find out all about their wedding photography packages and prices to ensure it fits within your budget and plans.
6. Ask the photographer for their tips on how to make your wedding day as smooth as possible. See if they are proactive and have some great ideas that make you feel confidence it’s the right match.
If all this sounds amazing, go all in and make the commitment!
Consider a business who recommends an ‘unplugged’ ceremony. This way they’ll capture the best, organic moments without phones and cameras ruining the shots.
Choose a business that has a contingency plan on the day. Whether it’s a team of highly trained photographers at the ready or an umbrella for the rain, having a back up is essential.
Consider a business that will allow you some time to yourself on the day. 15 minutes alone before the reception will allow you to absorb everything that is going on before the party begins!
Choose a business that will stay right until the end of your reception celebrations. Dance floor photos are essential and let’s be honest, liquid courage leads to the best dance moves!